When you’re dealing with ADD/ADHD, you often experience guilt.
If you’re a parent dealing with an ADD/ADHD child or teen, you may experience guilt in numerous ways, such as:
- Guilt that you have somehow caused the ADHD…
- Guilt that you aren’t handling it well…
- Guilt about the treatment you are giving your child (i.e. medication)
If you’re an adult dealing with ADD/ADHD, you may experience guilt in numerous ways as well:
- Guilt over impulsive comments you make
- Guilt over disorganization, or being late on deadlines
- Guilt over financial issues
Guilt can be a trap, or like an invisible cage which locks you in. If you, however, learn from the guilt, it can be a great teacher, and help you out.
I’ve just posted a new ADHD Podcast episode which discusses how to Overcome ADHD Guilt in 5 Steps. This free episode will help you to overcome guilt, by understanding it, learning from it, and moving forward.